February 25, 2012

Angry Birds Geometry Lesson


I came across some Angry Bird 3-D shape nets on Pintrest and I immediately knew my kids would love this! The templates were too small and there wasn't a lot of variety for 3-d shapes. My school purchased 3-D shape die cuts last year and I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to put them to use! I die cut several shapes in different colors and gave each student one. I modeled how to put fold the shape together and told them to decorate their own Angry Bird. Students came up with a name and they described their Angry Bird using geometry vocabulary we were studying.




Some of my students asked if they could use a container to make a larger Angry Bird for extra credit. I told them absolutely!! They came out very cute!! 

3 comments:

  1. I have also used Angry Birds in geometry as we explored various degrees of angles, as the birds catapulted themselves through the air.

    ReplyDelete